Student Testimonial: Why I’m Glad I Chose SLS

Posted by Francisco Sauceda on May 23, 2017 11:20:00 AM

Students experience a range of emotions when they are informed that they will be attending St. Lawrence for high school: hesitance, excitement, indifference and hopefulness.

Here at St. Lawrence, we know that leaving home at such a young age can be an intimidating thought, but most students find that they quickly overcome homesickness and are soon highly involved in campus and ministry life.

One student says, “I was kind of hesitant coming to SLS, mostly because I would have to live here. I still came here because I knew that my rational for missing home was being blown out of proportion and that it wouldn’t be a bad thing.” That student soon found himself feeling right at home at St. Lawrence.

Read More

Topics: Student Life, student advice, Boarding School for High School

Student Testimonial: My Experience at St. Lawrence’s Weekend Visit

Posted by Francisco Sauceda on Dec 27, 2016 11:33:00 AM

The Weekend Visit Experience at St. Lawrence Seminary High School is one of the most important influencers on whether or not a student will come to St. Lawrence Seminary.

Note: For a comprehensive look at what you and your son can expect from the Weekend Visit at St. Lawrence, we invite you to download our free guide — The Guide to the Weekend Visit Experience.

Read More

Topics: Campus Visit, student advice

What to Expect During the Weekend Visit at St. Lawrence Seminary High School

Posted by Francisco Sauceda on Dec 6, 2016 11:51:00 AM

Not knowing what to expect out of an experience is something that can get people very worked up. This anxious anticipation can be especially tangible if you and/or your son is considering a boarding school for high school and are in preparation for a campus visit.

St. Lawrence Seminary High School has been around for over 150 years. Families that have enrolled their sons here at SLS know exactly what they can expect from St. Lawrence Seminary. But if you are a new family considering St. Lawrence as an alternative high school experience for your son, what can you expect and what should you expect from the Weekend Visit to St. Lawrence Seminary High School?

Read More

Topics: Campus Visit, student advice, Boarding School for High School