Choosing a boarding school for your son isn’t easy. You may have concerns about what life is like a boarding school or how well your son will be prepare for college. There are many factors to consider.
As a parent, you probably have several questions that go along with what it means to send your child to boarding school. When comparing boarding schools, be sure to consider these ten questions:
- What are the qualification standards of the faculty teaching at the boarding school?
- How is the school’s mission unique compared to other similar schools?
- How does your school encourage and implement a sense of community between student-to-student and student-to-teacher?
- How will I be able to get in contact with my son when I want/need to?
- What kind of extracurricular activities are available to students?
- What kind of financial aid is available to my family?
- How does your school support students with homesickness?
- What measure do your faculty and staff take to prepare my child for college and/or adult life?
- What student mentorship/discipleship opportunities are available for students?
- What are the most common words used by alumni to describe their experience having graduated from this boarding school?
We know that you may have even more questions about boarding schools. That’s why we’ve created the Parent’s Guide to St. Lawrence Seminary eBook. This free guide goes over the most common questions parents have when choosing a boarding school.
St. Lawrence Seminary is an all boys Catholic boarding school located in Mt. Calvary, Wisconsin. We welcome students from Minnesota, Illinois and across the United States. Inspired by the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the example of St. Francis of Assisi, St. Lawrence Seminary provides a residential college preparatory education in a living Catholic community nurturing mature, well-rounded men of faith. See if St. Lawrence is right for you and your son.