View All Posts
Blog Home

About This Blog

Making the decision to enroll in a private, Catholic high school is an exciting one, but it also comes with its questions and challenges. Light on The Hill is designed to keep prospective and current students — and their parents — up-to-date on news, thoughts, and events relevant to the mission and values at St. Lawrence Seminary High School. 

Recent Posts

May 2018 Rector's Corner

Posted by Fr. Zoy Garibay on May 1, 2018 11:32:00 AM

“And it happened that, while Jesus was with two of his disciples at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them. With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight. Then they said to each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and opened the scriptures to us?” Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how Jesus was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.”
Read More

Topics: Message From The Rector

April 2018 Rector's Corner

Posted by Fr. Zoy Garibay on Apr 1, 2018 11:27:00 AM

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
Read More

Topics: Message From The Rector

February 2018 Rector's Corner

Posted by Fr. Zoy Garibay on Feb 1, 2018 11:23:00 AM

Three Occasions, Three Values.
Read More

Topics: Message From The Rector

December 2017 Rector's Corner

Posted by Fr. Zoy Garibay on Dec 1, 2017 10:44:00 AM

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year. With the kids jingle belling and everyone telling you “Be of good cheer,” it’s the most wonderful time of the year. It’s the happiest season of all.
Read More

Topics: Message From The Rector

November 2017 Rector's Corner

Posted by Fr. Zoy Garibay on Nov 1, 2017 10:31:00 AM

“I give thanks to my God at every remembrance of you, praying always with joy in my every prayer for all of you, because of your partnership for the gospel from the first day until now. I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work in you will continue to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Read More

Topics: Message From The Rector

October 2017 Rector's Corner

Posted by Fr. Zoy Garibay on Oct 1, 2017 10:22:00 AM

“I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith. From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance.”
Read More

Topics: Message From The Rector