How SLS Goes Beyond The Books

Posted by Katie Daane on Aug 10, 2017 3:00:00 PM

One of the ways that St. Lawrence Seminary High School knows that it is effective in developing its students is through the success of our alumni.

From being well prepared for their freshman college courses, to their successful entrance into the world of their careers, to their continued involvement in the church, it is clear that SLS alumni are inspired and motivated by their time on the Hill.

This isn’t accidental. It is intentionally cultivated through the school’s programs and offerings.

Read More

Topics: Faith & Formation, Boarding School for High School, Boarding School Benefits, Values

A Teacher’s Perspective: How St. Lawrence Seminary High School Changed My Life

Posted by Katie Daane on Jun 29, 2017 1:30:00 PM

While each student’s story of how he came to St. Lawrence Seminary High School and why he chose to stay is unique, so is each and every teacher’s story.

Very few people probably expect their first job out of college to be their last. They likely look at it as a stepping stone to the next best thing. But for a lucky few, their first job can be not only a launching zone but a landing pad. I was one of those lucky few. I was hired at St. Lawrence straight out of college. Mine was only one among a sea of applications, but it was my first interview and my first job offer. And besides knowing I wanted any job, I also knew I wanted this job.

Working at SLS was an opportunity I didn’t want to miss, not only because I had just walked into a real-life Hogwarts (yes, that’s a nerdy reference, but trust me, if you see our Hill, you’ll understand my first impression), but also because I had been impressed like so many of our prospective students — by the college prep curriculum and the unique atmosphere.

But while I took the job for several reasons, I stayed for so many more.

Read More

Topics: Faith & Formation, Boarding School Benefits

St. Lawrence Seminary’s Angel Tree Project

Posted by Katie Daane on Dec 20, 2016 11:46:00 AM

Advent literally means “coming,” and it is celebrated by many Catholics as a time of preparation. We look to the coming of Christ and work to spread His message of love and hope with all whom we encounter.

While many people in the world prepare for Christmas in myriad ways, the students and staff at St. Lawrence Seminary High School prepare for it in one very special way: through their participation in Angel Tree, a Prison Fellowship program.

Read More

Topics: Mission, Faith & Formation, Student Life

Ministry Opportunities at St. Lawrence Seminary High School

Posted by Francisco Sauceda on Sep 27, 2016 2:55:00 PM

Service ministry is an opportunity for St. Lawrence Seminary High School students to transform the world through reverence. And through ministry to others, St. Lawrence students build relationships, improve the quality of life for those served, learn new skills, share gifts, and above all, live out the gospel invitation to serve others.

Take a look at five of the many ministry opportunities available to St. Lawrence students.

Read More

Topics: Faith & Formation, Campus and Events